Seasoned Potato Wedges (Naturally Vegan and Gluten-Free)
I had planned on having baked potatoes with our dinner. However, at the last minute, I remembered seeing a recipe for potato wedges and I decided to try it. The recipe was posted by Erin at www.texarin.com and the potato wedges were delicious. It didn’t take long to make them and we had all of the ingredients on hand. We actually doubled the ingredients and put it in a spice bottle so it is readily available for when we decide to make another batch. My boys loved them and we would recommend this recipe. I will definitely be trying some more of Erin’s recipes. Be sure to check out her website.
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 35 min Ready in 45 Min — Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.13 kilos) potatoes (or 3 pounds for less spicy potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (I like things salty and use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Pour the olive oil onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Add the spices and mix with the olive oil. Some people prefer to mix the oil, spices, and potatoes in a bag but I prefer the other way as it doesn’t dirty up a bag.
- Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes on the cookie sheet and use your hands to coat the potatoes with the olive oil mix.
- The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I usually bake mine for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven to flip them, and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes. If you want them crispier, bake them for a few minutes longer.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Eat immediately or at room temperature.